AZURE REMOTE APP IS END OF LIFE
Acuutech delivers an Azure remote App (ARA) replacement solution: Turnkey fully managed remote desktop
With Microsoft’s discontinuation of Azure Remote App (ARA), many customers have questions about the best path forward.
Acuutech is one of a select group of providers globally, validated and endorsed by Microsoft to provide next generation, fully managed, remote desktop solutions, providing you with a seamless and trouble free path away from ARA, while maintaining the capabilities and benefits you enjoyed from the service.
Acuutech offers current ARA clients a complete turnkey solution, providing a remote desktop solution, with management and maintenance, at a fixed per user per month cost, avoiding hidden extras or underlying system costs.
Our engineering teams have over 18 years’ experience in delivering remote desktop solutions on Microsoft and Citrix technologies.
Our staff were involved in the validation and testing of ARA and have deep technical knowledge of its systems and processes. Coupled with advanced automation of the key solution components – ARA, Azure and Remote Desktop Services.
This allows us to understand your existing deployment and requirements in detail, enabling us to provide you with the best possible solution – a state-of-the-art managed RDS solution that meets your specific needs.
We do the hard lifting for you, allowing you to seamlessly convert from your current ARA based solution, into Acuutech’s managed Remote Desktop platform.
We take care of everything, migrating over your existing application images and if required, moving your current user profile disks (UPD’s).
If you’re taking advantage of transparent AAD authentication or multi-factor auth, these capabilities are both supported and we provide direct inter-operation with your existing Azure or on-prem systems, allowing your RDS based applications to connect with backend systems, databases and file stores.
Use existing features or services from Azure? Want to maintain a public cloud based delivery of your manged RDS solution in the region of your choice?
Acuutech’s managed RDS solution is deployed directly into Azure IaaS, providing you with an experience that closely mirrors your current ARA service.
Delivered as an integrated solution, with no hidden fee’s or extras, gain direct integration with your existing Azure services and simplify the overall migration process.
Want to move away from public cloud hosting? Does your application have specific performance, quality of service or latency requirements? Do you require multi-site DR and failover?
If so, delivery of your RDS solution via Acuutech’s datacentres could be an attractive option. Acututech’s datacentre provides state-of-the-art capabilities and performance, based on the latest generation of Windows Server 2016. Providing the ideal location to deliver your critical managed RDS solution.
We can even provide direct integration between managed RDS running in our DC’s and Azure and/or your existing on-prem systems, providing true multi-platform resilience.
BENEFITS BEYOND AZURE REMOTE APP
Acuutech’s managed RDS solution provides enhanced capabilities over and above those in ARA, allowing you to gain additional service capabilities, while still enjoying the benefits of a fully managed turnkey solution:
- Customisable and branded login portals – Unlike ARA, if required, your remote desktop web login page may be customised to your organisation’s brand, providing your users with a consistent and coherent connection experience.
- Support for custom URL’s – You can define the web address (URL) users type / use when connecting to your solution.
- Support for true per user desktops (VDI) – Our core RDS platform provides support for true per user virtual desktops if required, providing users with dedicated machines that they can control and install software onto. The power of a real machine, with the flexibility of a remote desktop.
- Highly-available user profile disk storage – One of the challenges with Azure is providing highly-available storage for RDS related sub-systems. With Acuutech’s next generation platform, we take advantage of storage spaces direct to provide this capability, even when running on Azure.
- Support for virtual GPU – Advantaged graphics and compute capabilities are available to your managed RDS applications, allowing you deliver the most demanding graphical or computational intensive applications via managed RDS.